Work release escapee recaptured | Crime
Tarpon Springs, Florida -- Police have recaptured a convicted felon who escaped from the Tarpon Springs Work Release Center.
Anthony Pruitt, 22, was arrested on Saturday and booked into the Pinellas County Jail.
Officials say Pruitt escaped Jan. 18 from the Department of Corrections center located at 566 Brady Road.
Records show Pruitt has been arrested four times in Pinellas County since 2009 on charges including drug possession, burglary, and credit card fraud.
Pruitt is now charged with escape, grand theft auto and possession of a controlled substance. He is being held without bail.
Upcoming Events near Tarpon Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- INVESTIGATORS: Corporation forces homeowners to sell property
- Detectives looking for man who robbed a Palm Harbor Radio Shack
- Detectives arrest Holiday man for child molestation
- Traffic: NB lanes on US 19 at Tampa Rd closed
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office to conduct joint sobriety checkpoint this weekend